We are less than 1 week away from Chinese New Year and if you haven’t bought your Chinese New Year goodies yet, why not make some on your own?
Pineapple Tart Recipe
250 grams Plain Flour
150 grams Salted Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar [Optional]
1 Egg Yolk + 1/2 Egg White
1 Egg for Glazing
500 grams Pineapple Paste
1. Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Measure 10g of pineapple paste, roll into balls, and put onto a plate. Leave it aside.
3. Cut butter into small pieces and rub into flour till fine crumbs form.
4. Mix egg yolk and egg white then add in to crumbs. Knead lightly till dough is formed.
5. If dough is unable to form into a tart, refrigerate to firm it up.
6. Measure 10g of dough, roll it into a ball, and flatten it.
7. Take 10g of pineapple paste and wrap it with the 10g of dough.
8. Place the dough that contains the pineapple paste onto the greaseproof paper.
9. Glaze the pineapple tarts.
10. Bake at 170 Degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or till light golden in colour.
Tip 1: You can purchase the pineapple paste from Phoon Huat, Bake King, or even NTUC. However, we prefer the ones from Sunlik Trading [located at Seah Street] as they are not so sweet.
Tip 2: Using a pastry blender is much more easier than rubbing in the butter into the flour using your hands.
Here’s a short video tutorial to show you the different processes involved in making the pineapple tart using the above recipe. As this is our very first time doing a video tutorial, please pardon us for the amateur video editing.
Enjoy and have fun baking this weekend!