For many visitors to Peru and even South America, a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu is the long-anticipated highpoint of their trip. In a spectacular location, it’s the best-known archaeological site on the continent. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the conquering Spaniards and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century. In the high season, from late May until early September, 2500 people arrive daily. Despite this great tourist influx, the site manages to retain an air of grandeur and mystery; and is a must for all visitors to Peru.
The only consolation that I now have is waking up to the toasty aroma of the Cafédirect Machu Picchu Terroir Freeze Dried Instant Coffee and be transported to the misty, lush Machu Picchu high mountains in the ‘Land of the Incas and Orchids’. Home to over 250 species of these curative exotic blooms, the ‘terroir’ (the environment in which the coffee is grown) produces Cafédirect’s single-origin 100% Arabica Machu Picchu coffee beans; just perfect for those seeking a more intense flavour with rich, rounded tasting notes and dark chocolate overtones.
These coffee beans are grown at extreme altitudes within the Inca heartland of the Peruvian Andes, close to the sacred site of Machu Picchu, where the best flavours flourish and the beans cultivated. The freeze dried instant goodness is then drawn from the coffee beans which are passionately grown on some of the steepest slopes in the Andes, by smallholdings found along the Inca trail itself. The high altitude, fertile volcanic soil and unique microclimate of the Machu Picchu region result in a coffee with light acidity and full body. Such minute nuances in the refinement of these beans can be easily picked out by a discerning palate.
The source of the coffee bean itself has always been paramount, especially to a coffee connoisseur. Thus, a huge emphasis is placed on the terroir. In the case of the Machu Picchu coffee beans; the climate, access to water, the type of pruning and the type of flora and fauna around them are factors that have enriched the eventual taste profile of each coffee bean.
Cradled in the same nutrient-rich fertile volcanic soil of the mountain that provides sustenance to the plethora of wild orchids blooming there, each bean is hand cultivated and picked with the utmost care and expertise. Such passion leads to the growers belonging to the Huadquina Co-operative producing a rich, smooth tasting, and mouth-watering coffee that imbues natural, extra-sweet flavours of nuts and fine dark chocolate.
The beans are then harvested at the ideal degree of ripeness, after they have luxuriated in the misty cool climate that is unique to the Peruvian heights. The precise timing and patience of the passionate growers ensure fullness in the natural richness of this coffee, plucked at its peak. The beans are then sun-dried, allowing all the fine characteristics of the beans to flourish. This traditional time-honoured procedure allows the beans to retain their natural qualities, imbued with its own extra sweetness and flavour.
Such a quality taste profile is inherent in each washed and sun-kissed coffee bean which has ripened slowly under the golden Peruvian rays at high altitudes of 1800m – 2000m and roasted to strength 4. The beans are then freshly packed as whole beans for those who want to ground their own coffee; pre-ground for those who prefer their coffee brewed, or freeze dried to preserve every golden ounce of flavour for those who want coffee instantly. There is a variant to suit every lifestyle, each delivered fresh in innovative and informative packaging, direct from the growers to a fine supermarket near you.
Cafédirect Machu Picchu Terroir Freeze Dried Instant Coffee is the perfect solution for those who cannot function without their morning cup of joe or those who are always on the go with little time for kitchen equipment and indulgences, yet yearn for a quality pick-me-upper.
Simply by adding hot water and stirring, a perfect mug of terroir, high-altitude coffee is ready to be consumed. In a more leisure setting, a treat of dark chocolate is an apt accompaniment with the coffee to further enhance the pleasurable savouring moment.
Take time to enjoy the first whiff of the natural, chocolatey aroma of this coffee. It will carry you off to the heights of Machu Picchu. Then give in to the first sip of this coffee. The liquid goodness will caress your taste buds like the gentle mist moistening the mountains, amidst the fields of dewy orchids that are also native. Soon, you will be lost until the very last drop of the golden brew.
Now available in three variants: Freeze Dried instant, Whole Beans and Roast & Ground from Cold Storage, FairPrice Finest, FairPrice Xtra, Jasons, Market Place and Redmart at SDG$12.90 a jar for Cafédirect Machu Picchu Terroir Freeze Dried Instant Coffee (100g); SGD$13.60 for Machu Picchu Whole Beans Coffee (227g); and SGD$12.45 for Machu Picchu Roast and Ground Coffee (227g).
Come lift your taste buds to the lofty heights of Machu Picchu with every sip now!
If you’re dreaming of Machu Picchu now, we are happy to announce that we will be giving away 2 Jars of Cafédirect Machu Picchu Terroir Freeze Dried Instant Coffee worth SGD$12.90!
To participate in this mini giveaway, just comment on this post with, “I wanna wake up to Machu Picchu everyday!” & share this post!
*Giveaway is open to participants residing in Singapore and closes 22 October!
It is said that if you look up at the moon, you can see the outline of the Jade Rabbit that lives there.
This Mid-Autumn Festival, Häagen-Dazs™ has taken inspiration from the myth of the Jade Rabbit to design a whimsical and contemporary range of ice cream mooncakes featuring new designs and exciting flavours. Every set is sure to be a crowd pleaser, whether as a gift or to make your family reunion extra special.
Twinkle Crispy (RSP: S$29.90)
All-time favourite crispy sandwich made with Häagen-Dazs™ ice cream in a wrapping with smooth chocolate and sandwiched between crispy wafers. Each box comes with 5 pieces (Vanilla x 2, Caramel x 2, Green Tea x 1). Available at both Häagen-Dazs™ stores as well as selected retailers.
Twinkle Night Mix (RSP: S$75.00)
A beautiful set of chocolate-coated ice cream mooncakes, featuring luxurious contemporary designs. Each set contains 6 mooncakes in an assortment of flavours, including Mango ice cream exclusively available in mooncakes (Chocolate x 2, Mango x 2, Green Tea x 1, Vanilla x1). Available at all Häagen-Dazs™ stores.
Harmony Mochi (RSP: S$75.00)
A totally new experience this season, open this box to find indulgent Häagen-Dazs™ ice cream carefully wrapped with premium soft and chewy Japanese mochi skin. Available as a set of 4 pieces in strawberry and mango flavours. Available at all Häagen-Dazs™ stores.
Lune et Etoiles (RSP: S$98.00, Limited Edition)
This unique set is a bestseller in Hong Kong, and consists of 1 very special ‘moon’ surrounded by 7 ‘stars’. Each mooncake is coated with dark chocolate and decorated with elegant Parisian-themed chocolate designs. This super premium collection is limited to just 100 sets in Singapore and is exclusive to Tang’s. This set features an assortment of 8 flavours (Yuzu Citrus & Cream, Belgian Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry Cheesecake, Caramel Biscuit & Cream).
Available for pre-orders starting on August 15 and in-store from September 4, hurry to place your order to share these very special mooncakes with your loved ones before they run out!
No matter what kind of shoes we put on daily, it is the most essential and important item that we must have because it serves to protect our feet from harm and danger. For the fashionista, a pair of shoes can be turned into a fashion statement but for someone working in the kitchen, a pair of non-slip covered safety shoes can protect him from potential dangers and hazards. From the very basic to the most complex shoes in the market, they definitely wear and tear over prolonged usage but do you know that with proper shoe care and shoe storage, you can increase their durability and lifespan?
I recently stumbled upon isSHOE Singapore, a local homegrown business that offers a wide range of shoe care products and accessories such as shoe eraser, hydrophobic spray, shoe fragrances, shoe storage boxes, and even shoe racks! If you are looking for solutions to solving all the issues you have with your shoe, you should definitely check them out.
I have personally tried the shoe tree and the hydrophobic spray by isSHOE Singapore and I absolutely love them!
Ecoblack Plastic Shoe Tree
A shoe tree is a device approximating the shape of a foot that is placed inside a shoe to preserve its shape and stop it from developing creases and thereby extend the life of the shoe. It is a reusable alternative to wadded rags or newspapers.
Perhaps more important than maintaining the shape, shoe trees also play a crucial part of wicking away leather-damaging moisture from the inside. This is especially important when shoes are worn without socks, as the sweat absorbed by the leather can lead to lining rot.
The Ecoblack Plastic Shoe Tree is made of plastic and it comes in two sizes; small and large. What I like about it is that it is adjustable and it allows multiple occupants to this single shoe tree; thus eliminating the trouble of buying a brand-new shoe tree for my siblings who have different shoe sizes.
For business travellers, the Ecoblack Plastic Shoe Tree is definitely the perfect shoe tree to get because it is highly compactable due to its small size and removable structure. The best part? It cost only SGD$4.40 for one pair!
isSHOE’s Hot Tip:
Wear your different leather shoes on alternate days. Your shoes need sufficient rest as well. Wearing your leather shoes daily will speed up wear and tear at a much-accelerated rate. REMEMBER to always slip in your shoe tree daily into your leather shoe after use, this way you can enjoy your leather shoe for longer periods of time
isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray
The isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray is extremely useful and it works very well! To be honest, I was quite sceptical as to whether the water will really repel but after trying it on my pair of fabric shoes, I am thoroughly convinced that it does a very good job of keeping my shoes dry. Well, I have to admit that previously, I have not used this pair of shoes for quite a while because I didn’t want to get it wet and dirty but ever since I gotten it temporarily waterproofed; I am now using it as my daily footwear!
Given Singapore’s tropical weather, the isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray is a lifesaver and it is pretty affordable too. A single can of isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray cost just SGD$14 and if you buy two, it cost only SGD$12.50 each! With the isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray, you’re truly well prepared for any rainy days ahead!
Keen to find out more about the young entrepreneurs behind isSHOE Singapore?
Well, here’s a short insight about isSHOE Singapore as shared by Wan Ching, one of the company’s founders.
What ignited the spark in you to start a new business venture or to make significant changes in an existing business? How did the idea for your business come about?
Being students ourselves before, we understand the pain of many students especially during the monsoon season when the rain starts to pour and it relentlessly drench us from head to toe and makes our socks thoroughly soaked. This uncomfortable problem would have been avoided if we had something similar like the isSHOE: Repulse Hydrophobic Spray back then!
Furthermore, our experience with existing shoe retailers tells us that it makes more financial sense for them to sell us a pair of new shoes than telling us that our shoes can be repaired and restored. Hence, many people often tend to buy numerous pairs of shoes that they hardly use and simply leave them in the shoe cabinets to deteriorate.
Since we are really passionate about shoes, we feel that shoes shouldn’t be left to deteriorate and we hope that through our company, we can offer our customers some helpful ideas and products to extend the durability of their daily footwear.
What have been some of your failures and what have you learned from them?
One of the failures that we encountered lies in our planning for healthy product stock levels on certain items. Due to our lack of foresight to forecast and plan for healthy product stock levels, many customers were disappointed with us as they had to wait for an additional period of 2 weeks for the stocks to arrive! Hence, one key lesson that we have learnt from this experience is that it is always better to overstock than understock products and to always plan ahead!
Describe/outline your typical day?
There are just so much to do on a typical day and some of the tasks could fall in the following areas like logistics, stock count, administrative work, handling customer enquiries, gather product updates, website technicality checks, and the list can go on and on.
What sacrifices have you had to make to become an entrepreneur?
We spend a lot of time away from home and our loved ones just so we can do our job better. Whether it is to do some research, to stay online and answer customer’s enquiries or to improve our website; all these do require a significant amount of time and we often feel guilty for not spending enough time with our loved ones.
In one word, characterise your life as an entrepreneur?
Balance. As an entrepreneur, we believe that it is important to strike a fine balance of managing time because time is of the essence and we only have 24 hours a day. Although there are many different tasks to manage, we strongly believe that the tasks should be managed one at a time and not attempt to do all at the same time because that will compromise on operations efficiency and service quality.
If you are keen to find out more about isSHOE Singapore and the shoe care products they offer, do like their Facebook Page and check out their website for more information!
I must have a cup of hot coffee early in the morning because if I don’t get my morning fix, I will feel quite lethargic. In fact, the wonderful aroma of a cup of piping hot coffee is enough to awaken all my senses and keep me freshened up for at least a couple of hours before I go to my meetings.
Recently, I have decided to brew and make my own coffee using the Aeropress Coffee Maker and it has been a great experience because it is so easy to use and is very portable. For a start, I experimented with Cafédirect’s new 100% Arabica Espresso Roast and Ground Coffee and the result is simply therapeutic although it only lasted for a while.
Created for coffee connoisseurs, this espresso blend by Cafédirect is a dark and intense coffee and it uses coffee beans from Peru and Costa Rica. In case you’re wondering; the Arabica beans from Peru make up a strong base for the coffee, bringing a natural dark chocolatey taste to each sip and the strong roasting process intensifies the taste. Costa Rica Arabica beans, on the other hand, counterbalance the Peruvian beans, softening the mouthfeel and giving the coffee a creamy finish.
Cafédirect uses a unique numbering system to indicate coffee strength and the strength of a coffee depends on a number of factors; namely the composition of coffee beans in the blend and as well as the intensity of the roasting process. Roast and ground coffees from Cafédirect span the range from 3 to 6 and the Arabica Espresso Roast and Ground Coffee is a 6, reflecting its full-bodied taste that promises a flavour explosion that leads up to a naturally sweet finish.
Cafédirect’s 100% Arabica Espresso is finely ground for easy brewing in an espresso machine, stove-top espresso pot/percolator, or сafetière (plunger) i.e. Aeropress Coffee Maker.
If you like your coffee dark and intense, Cafédirect’s 100% Arabica Espresso is the way to go and you can find it at all leading supermarkets like Cold Storage and NTUC FairPrice. When my pack of Cafédirect’s 100% Arabica Espresso finishes, my next experiment with the Aeropress Coffee Maker would be Cafédirect’s Machu Picchu Ground Coffee and also Cafedirect’s Kilimanjaro Fresh Ground Coffee.
As a business, Cafédirect is different. Growers have shares in the company and have two seats on the Cafédirect Board of Directors. Cafédirect’s unique approach has seen the company paying fair prices and working directly with smallholder growers so that they can develop their businesses and increase their influence in highly competitive commodity markets.
Through direct, personal and long-term relationships, Cafédirect partners with over 282,000 smallholder growers in 40 grower organisations across 14 developing countries. Under Cafédirect’s Fairtrade business model, 50% of the profits go back to the coffee growers who nurture and harvest the beans. This not only improves the lives of the growers but the quality of each coffee bean as well.
If you’re ever in Singapore and need flowers whose beauty speak more than your words ever will, then you should turn to those who know how to tell the best tales – A Better Florist.
In the sea of florists that give the same promises and guarantees, with undeniably beautiful yet conventional bouquets, this online florist in Singapore stands out with their Instagram-worthy blooms.
Let’s start off with the pure obvious; the overall stunning appearance. These blooms aren’t what you’ll normally see at a florist, which is quite the refreshing change. These beautifully handcrafted bundles of joy are a very distinct combination of flowers and colours that will catch your eye and you can’t stop staring from the very first glance. Apart from their beauty, they are also as fresh as they can be.
Take one glance at this bouquet, and tell us you’re not in love (be honest).
A Better Florist makes sure that the blooms are in their freshest and most beautiful state; otherwise, they won’t be used in bouquets. There’s honestly nothing worse than looking forward to your bouquet and then realising that the petals are half way withered. These guys grow their flowers on a farm in Cameron Highlands where they grow until they are just right to be picked up by the talented A Better Florist Team.
As for the price point, they are quite affordable and that’s not just our subjective opinion. Their prices for bouquets, arrangements and bundles are very decent, and they do represent the quality that you’re getting. But, that’s not all, there’s a special offer for all newbies at A Better Florist. If you’re ordering for the first time from this happy bloomcrew, you get to take advantage of a very special offer! And who can say no to a special price?
Another reason why we love this florist isn’t just the freshness, beauty and price, but also their delivery. It’s absolutely amazing how a florist that has a fairly small team is able to handle all the tasks and yet is able to deliver nationwide, basically everywhere in Singapore! They also have a guarantee that you’ll get your flowers within 90 minutes and so far, we haven’t seen any complaints or negative reviews! Kudos to A Better Florist for being one of the most efficient florists we’ve ever encountered.
We’d like to thank A Better Florist, for enabling us to have our very own piece of beauty in just a few easy clicks.
Psst… we have a secret to share with you and if you’re reading this blog post at this hour; you’re in luck!
Audio House, one of Singapore’s largest home-grown retail electronics store, has just launched their first ever online store along with their membership programme and you can check it out at Audiohouse.com.sg.
Now, anyone can sign up as an Audio House Member and get SGD$60 free credits instantly and these credits can be used to offset SGD$20 with every SGD$100 spent. But if you sign up exactly on 25 May 2017 between 0000 to 2359 hours; you get an additional SGD$40 credits, which makes it SGD$100 free credits that you can instantly use upon immediate signup.
Here are 3 reasons why you should sign up!
1. If you are a first-time homeowner and you have just completed your house renovation, this is the best opportunity for you to purchase your home and kitchen appliances. From washing machine to television and even the refrigerator, there’s definitely something that you can get for your new home at Audio House. What’s more, you get 20% off your purchase!
2. Membership is free and it is valid for a lifetime! Since you get SGD$100 free credits which you can use immediately, why not seize this opportunity to also replace the old household appliances that you have always wanted to replace?
3. Since Fathers’ Day is just round the corner and if you’re having some difficulty trying to think of what you can get for your techie dad, you should check out Audio House Online Store! Whether it’s a home entertainment system or a wine cooler, I’m pretty sure you can find something for your dad here.
Well, don’t wait any longer! This promotion is only valid for sign-ups on 25 May 2017 between 0000 to 2359 hours so hurry and sign up now!
We have an exciting piece of news to announce and yes we are indeed conducting yet another blog giveaway and this time round, we will be giving away a set of Sudio Wireless Vasa Blå Rose Gold White Earphones worth $165, courtesy of Sudio!
When we first received an email from the team at Sudio (yes, all the way from Sweden), we were honestly humbled because it means so much to us that our blog has a global outreach and audience.
Therefore, we really want to extend a big word of THANKS to the awesome folks at Sudio for making this blog post and blog giveaway possible!
First Impression of the Wireless Vasa Blå earphones
Sudio Earphones, a mix between elegant and preppy, caters to the fashion industry lead by companies such as Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, and Gant. The golden details, genuine leather carrying pouch and choice of materials have been carefully chosen to complement a wardrobe of elegant and preppy belts, watches and alike.
What left the most impression on me about the wireless Vasa Blå earphones was its distinct style and outstanding design that will appeal greatly to most, if not all fashionistas. If you’re all dressed up for a ballroom event or corporate function, the wireless Vasa Blå earphones will definitely complement and match your outfit pretty well as opposed to an earphone that’s specifically meant for sports.
With an incredible 8-Hour Battery Life, 10-minutes Quick Charging Function & Ultra-lightweight Swedish Design weighing only 14 grams, the wireless Vasa Blå earphones is definitely a worthy contender to most wireless earphones that are currently available in the market. With its studio quality sound, it is the perfect companion for your iPhone or Android device.
Personally, I enjoy the crisp and high-quality sound that the wireless Vasa Blå earphones offer and it cancels out a lot of outside noise which makes it a perfect companion for a long road trip or a long haul flight. When I compared it alongside with the Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 wireless earphones that I previously have gotten back in 2013 (4 years ago); I noticed a stark difference in terms of the sound quality and this proves that technology advances way faster than we can ever imagine.
The wireless Vasa Blå earphones’ sound signature is delivered by a carefully tuned driver and amplifier; and the combination of driver and amplifier is able to separate the sound of every instrument in every song, thereby giving the listener a true studio experience.
What is truly amazing about Sudio’s earphones is that they are handcrafted in small batches and each wireless Vasa Blå earphones comes with a matching leather case and 4 different-sized earbuds to ensure the perfect fit for you. In case you’re wondering, the wireless Vasa Blå earphones is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, including the new Samsung Galaxy S8.
What’s Inside The Package
Vasa Blå earphones with 4 pairs of extra sleeves
Owner’s Manual & Quality Assurance Card
Genuine Leather Carrying Case
Now, I know you can’t wait to find out how you can stand a chance to win a set of Sudio wireless Vasa Blå earphones but I will like to let everyone know that at A Winsome Life, we believe that everyone’s a winner and in a rare collaborative opportunity with Sudio, we are very privileged to have the folks at Sudio offer a 15% discount for all our readers who decide to make any Sudio Earphones purchase. On top of that, you will also get an additional 20% instant tax rebate which means you get 35% discount off the retail price!
Oh, and not forgetting the fact that your purchase comes with free express shipping to Singapore (it takes about 3-5 days for your purchase to arrive) and also a free limited edition white marble phone case!
Now, how awesome is that right?!
All you need to do to get the discount is just key in the discount code, “awinsomelife” prior to checking out your shopping cart!
Ok, so if you’re keen to also participate in the blog giveaway, all you have to do is simply sign up in the form as follows!
Do note that this giveaway is only intended for participants who are residing in Singapore and photos will be required or taken for marketing purposes. By participating in the blog giveaway, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Eligibility: This Blog Giveaway is open only to those who sign up at www.awinsomelife.org and who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Singapore and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of A Winsome Life, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Blog Giveaway. The Blog Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of A Winsome Life as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Blog Giveaway.
3. Blog Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 26 April 2017, 2330 hours, GMT +8:00 and ending 25 May 2017, 2330 hours, GMT +8:00. All online entries must be received by 25 May 2017, 2330 hours, GMT +8:00.
4. How to Enter: The Blog Giveaway must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.awinsomelife.org. The entry must fulfill all Blog Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not ad
here to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of A Winsome Life. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of A Winsome Life.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a set of Sudio Wireless Vasa Bla Earphones worth SGD$165. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by A Winsome Life. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at A Winsome Life discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of a prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for A Winsome Life to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of A Winsome Life. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. A Winsome Life shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER AT A WINSOME LIFE’S SOLE DISCRETION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that A Winsome Life, anyone acting on behalf of A Winsome Life, and A Winsome Life’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Blog Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of A Winsome Life. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless A Winsome Life from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which A Winsome Life may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: A Winsome Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Blog Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond A Winsome Life’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Blog Giveaway. In such case, A Winsome Life may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action was taken by A Winsome Life. A Winsome Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Blog Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. A Winsome Life has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Blog Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, A Winsome Life reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless A Winsome Life and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Blog Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Singapore, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Blog Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Blog Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Singapore having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Blog Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
What’s the best way to discover a new country?
Or, better yet, what’s the best way of experiencing a new part of a city that you thought you already knew?
Well, if you want high class service and unforgettable and unique experiences, lifestyle management services are for you.
Fancy having a putting lesson with Tiger Woods? Or how about getting onboard a submarine to explore ancient shipwrecks and coral reefs in Western Australia?
We at A Winsome Life are pleased and excited to announce the launch of our new luxury concierge services!
What’s The Excitement All About?
With immediate effect, we will be offering our valuable clients a multitude of luxurious and exclusive VIP lifestyle management and travel services.
What Sort of VIP Lifestyle Management and Travel Services?
The possibilities are endless. Some of the luxurious and exclusive VIP travel experiences can include the following:
Spend the day at the Rolex headquarters and Meet the CEO
Pioneer of the wristwatch since 1905, Rolex is at the origin of landmark innovations in watchmaking, including the first waterproof wristwatch- the Oyster. Visit the Rolex headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland to learn about the company’s brand, design and manufacture. Then, spend a few hours with the CEO, Mr Jean Frederic Dufour.
Private Video Message from Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano is one of the biggest names in professional soccer, and one of the biggest sports stars in the world. He is the most expensive soccer player in history thanks to his huge, record-setting 80-million EUD transfer contract. Get the chance to have a customised private video message from the global soccer star and Portuguese international player.
Paris VIP Travel Experience
Welcome reception at Chanel high-end Jewelry store on Place Vendome and personalised shopping experience.
Private visit of the Coco Chanel apartment at the Ritz Paris (subject to availability).
Exclusive private tour of the Coco Chanel private apartment on top of the Chanel boutique Rue Cambon.
New Michelin-star dining experience.
VIP tickets to the Opera Garnier and behind-the-scene tour.
One-of-a-kind after hour visit of the renowned Chateau de Versailles.
Luxury private transfer to/from hotel.
Price: From 16,500 EUD per person
*Accommodation is not included in this package.
Hong Kong VIP Travel Experience (New Year Eve Special)
Private guided walking tour of Hong Kong landmarks to learn about its history.
Roundtrip helicopter transfer to Macau and full day private guided tour of the old Portuguese colony with local expert (lunch incl).
New Year Eve Michelin-star dining experience.
Private shopping session with a personal shopper to discover Hong Kong’s fashion.
Private Tai Chi session with a Grandmaster.
Full day private yacht charter to discover islands around Hong Kong.
Private harbour cruise against the backdrop of the spectacular Hong Kong Symphony of Lights show.
Luxury private transfer to/from hotel.
Price: From 9515 USD Per Person
*Accommodation is not included in this package.
London VIP Travel Experience
VIP tickets to a London Opera or Theatre with pre-show dining and after show behind-the-scene tour.
Exclusive private after-hours tour of the National Gallery followed by cocktails and canapes in the private Trafalgar Room.
Private shopping session with a personal shopper in a luxury Bentley.
Michelin-star dining experience with private tour of the kitchen and meet and greet with the chef.
New Year Eve Michelin-star dining experience.
2-hour private consultation at Floris London to create own fragrance.
Private tour of the Windsor Castle with expert guide (transfer inclusive).
Private 30 minutes helicopter tour of London (at night or during the stay).
Luxury private transfer to/from hotel.
Price: From 8745 GBP per person.
*Accommodation is not included in this package.
These are just some of the endless possibilities that we will be able to offer to our clients and we are confident that demands for such exclusive travel experiences will increase over time in Singapore.
Why settle for less when you can experience world class lifestyle concierge that includes everything from shopping, restaurant arrangements to transportation (yes, we can even charter a private jet for you)?
As a busy professional, you understand the need to be efficient and effective with your time. After all, it’s probably what got you where you are already. With lifestyle concierge, you don’t have to worry about tedious tasks or time consuming waits. You have a professional – someone committed to you – that you can trust and rely on. Lifestyles management is exactly that; someone to manage and book things while you concentrate on maintaining your status and lifestyle. Think of it as a personal team who is dedicated to your exact needs.
Best of all, you can use lifestyle management services for so many aspects of your life. It’s not limited to solely business or travel, but an overarching service that you can always fall back on. That means while you’re out there taking care of business or having fun, your team is behind the scenes working around the clock to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
When it comes to finding the great things in life, Singapore lifestyle influencers like us are the way to go as well. We’re talking about real people, ones that understand your needs and ones that you can relate to, with a little bit of flair thrown in. So if there’s something that you need or if you need to be inspired, look to us for the right influence.
Who knows, pretty soon you may be the one influencing the life of others!
When we first shifted to our new home last December, we really wanted to get a smart digital home lock because we had a pleasant first-hand user experience during our stay in Taiwan many years ago and we found it pretty convenient and hassle free. However, because our renovation costs were too pricey and popular digital home lock brands like Yale and Samsung were somewhat expensive; we had to give up the idea and relied on manual home locks (which honestly isn’t that bad either).
Fast forward 10 months later, we have just installed our very own smart digital home lock by igloohome and it now makes thing so much more convenient for us!
The price is super affordable at SGD$288 (current promotion) and it comes with free installation!
What makes the smart digital home lock by igloohome different from other brands is the fact that we could use our mobile phones to gain access via bluetooth and it is unlike some other smart digital home locks which requires the use of a hub that is connected to the home wifi network. There’s also no need for RFID cards or tokens and what this means is that the smart digital home lock by igloohome can work offline on its own.
One of the most useful feature of igloohome’s smart digital home lock is the fact that we could assign a one-time password (OTP) for couriers, part-time maids, and other service providers to gain access to our home without having to be physically present; and this OTP works pretty much the same way like the iBanking tokens people used to perform online transactions.
As errands-runners / personal concierge service-providers ourselves, we find that such a smart digital home lock is especially helpful and useful for homeowners because they can issue a password with a set duration for us to access their homes to perform simple errands like stocking up on their groceries, pet-sitting, delivery and cleaning services. The passwords that are issued can also be set to ‘one time usage only’. This is an advantage because there is no need to duplicate any spare keys and homeowners do not have to worry about service providers losing the keys or tokens (RFID Cards).
If you still feel somewhat insecure about letting people into your home without being physically around, we would personally recommend that you also install a home security camera system to monitor any movement at home. This might just give you a peace of mind and it adds an additional layer of security.
Can the smart digital home lock fail to provide homeowners the security they need?
It may be possible but the chances of it happening is slim because there are security measures in place to prevent brute-force hacking (there’s also a decoy pin feature that allows you to key in some fake numbers followed by your real password). If you lose your phone, the administrator over at igloohome can deactivate your igloohome account and delete it so that people will not be able to use it.
Planning to get the smart digital home lock by igloohome?
As mentioned, the usual retail price for the lock is SGD$399 (without installation) but from now till 30 November 2016, you can get the smart digital home lock for just SGDS$288 and it comes with free installation.
Have you heard of Gobdigoun, a Korean skincare brand? Well, I haven’t heard of Gobdigoun until Jacqueline was sharing with me about it and I’m always amazed at how she is always updated with the latest trends in the world of beauty and skincare; which is apparently not my forte (I’m a guy, duh!).
When Jacqueline shared with me about Gobdigoun, she had so many good things to say about the brand and what really caught my attention were the skincare products that they have to offer.
Gobdigoun’s bestselling products are the 24K Golden Cream Placenta Power, Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask and Placenta Power Aging Corrector Eye Cream; and apparently, they are very popular in China, Taiwan, and Japan.
I honestly had no idea what Placenta is and so I did a Google Search and found out that the placenta is an organ that connects the developing foetus to the uterine wall to allow nutrient uptake, provide thermo-regulation to the foetus, waste elimination, gas exchange via the mother’s blood supply, fight against internal infection and produce hormones to support pregnancy.
In short, the placenta provides oxygen and nutrients to growing babies and removes waste products from the baby’s blood. So… after finding out what a placenta is; you can probably figure what went through my mind at that point of time. I really can’t imagine applying a Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask on my face!
The placenta from Gobdigoun’s facial and skincare products comes from the sheep and celebrities such as Victoria Beckham, Eva Longoria and Madonna swear by their sheep placenta facials. Although placenta has been a pretty big trend, there’s been little analysis on the scientific side of things; so it’s impossible to say that placenta is a skincare miracle.
My experience of applying a Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask on my face?
When Jacqueline applied the Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask on my face, I must admit that although I cringed slightly at first, it really wasn’t that bad. I was expecting the facial mask to smell weird but to my surprise, it was pleasantly scented. The sensation was cooling on my face and after what seems like 30 minutes, my face was soft to the touch and it had that bouncy effect. Overall, the experience was very refreshing and my face appeared much radiant.
For the Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask, it cost 120,000 South Korean Won (about SGD$150) for a box of 10 facial masks and this price does not include the cost of shipping.
Apart from the Placenta Cellulose Gel Bio Mask, Gobdigoun has many other skincare products available so do check out their Official Website for the entire range!
Keen to give Gobdigoun’s products a try?
Gobdigoun started business in Korea since 2010 and they don’t have any physical shop in Singapore. If you would like to place an order for their products; you can contact them via their Official Facebook Page and they will have your order shipped from Korea to Singapore.
Do also like Gobdigoun’s Facebook Page so that you can tune in to their exclusive promotions!