Taking up a bridal studio package overseas has its own set of pros and cons and it can even be rather risky too. There were many what-ifs when we signed up for our bridal photography package at Destino Bridal Gallery but we went along with it anyway.
We felt that it would have been useful if Destino Bridal Gallery has a website but all they have is only a Facebook Page when we did a Google Search. Our guess is that they market themselves on a word-of-mouth basis or they probably have got no time to maintain a website.
When we first arrived at Destino Bridal Gallery, we were very impressed with its large compounds and what impressed us the most was the two-storey photography studio space they have for indoor photography! Inside the two-storey photography studio space, there are many different backdrops and decorations that are real [not those pull-down paper backdrop] and Destino Bridal Gallery changes the theme of the backdrops every 6 months.
The bridal package that we took up is pretty standard and common but highly customisable according to our needs. Being practical people, we took out some items in the package and got them replaced with other items that we thought were more practical and useful for us.
What We Like About Destino Bridal Gallery:
• Very affordable [about SGD$2700 after taking into account the currency exchange rate]
• Destino Bridal Gallery has a very good reputation and is an award-winning bridal studio
• The photographers and assistants are all very helpful, patient, and understanding
• The photography props and background are all real
• The outdoor photography locations are beautiful and scenic
• The indoor photography studio space is cosy and comfortable
• Make-up and hairstyling are all done in-house
• Car park space is available and the place is quite safe and secure
• All wedding gowns and suits at the bridal studio is not restrictive and available for selection
• Our indoor photography photos turned out well [the photographer was Keith]
What We Don’t Like About Destino Bridal Gallery:
• Long travelling time from Singapore to Johor Bahru, especially during the weekends
• At least 7-8 trips to Johor Bahru required
• The video montage did not meet our expectations; hence, we created one on our own
• Our outdoor photography photos did not turned out so well [the photographer was Ah Hui]
Their Video Montage [which looks like it was produced by amateurs using Windows Movie Maker]
Our Video Montage [after we do some DIY ourselves]
Overall, we were very pleased with the bridal photography experience at Destino Bridal Gallery and if you don’t mind the frequent trips to Johor Bahru and have planned to do your bridal photography in Malaysia, we will definitely recommend them.